Carla Fields Johnson
Carla Fields Johnson currently serves as general counsel to an area public school district where she handles all matters of school law. Ms. Johnson also represents municipalities and school districts in municipal financings. She has served as bond counsel, underwriters counsel and disclosure counsel. Ms. Johnson has 25 years of litigation experience in the areas of workers’ compensation and insurance defense.
Ms. Johnson served nine years on the Board of Directors for the National Association of Minority & Women Owned Law Firms (NAMWOLF). She was a member of the NAMWOLF Board’s Executive Committee and served as Vice President and Treasurer for the Association. She was also chairperson of the Finance Committee. She was a founding member and past chairperson of the NAMWOLF Pipeline Diversity Committee which awards scholarships to deserving law school students. Ms. Johnson still actively serves on the Finance Committee and Pipeline Diverity Committee.
Ms. Johnson served as a Missouri State Delegate on the American Bar Association’s House of Delegates. Additionally, Ms. Johnson was elected National Bar Association (NBA) Region VIII Director for two terms. She was also appointed by three NBA Presidents to serve on the NBA’s Nominations Committee.
On the local level, Ms. Johnson served as President of the Jackson County Bar Association for two years. Ms. Johnson served as the 2007 co-chairperson on the Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association’s SLIP program. The SLIP program places urban high school students with area law firms for paid internships. Ms. Johnson currently serves on the Jackson County Bar Foundation Board of Directors.
Carla Fields Johnson is a member of the Missouri and Kansas State Bar Associations and is admitted to practice before state and federal district courts and courts of appeals.
Ms. Johnson actively participates in the Kansas City community. Ms. Johnson serves on Board of Directors of Mazuma Credit Union. Ms. Johnson is a member of the Board’s Executive Committee and serves as Secretary. Additionally, she has served as the General Chairperson of the Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated 2008 Debutante Ball, one of the largest events of its nature in Kansas City which awards approximately $70,000 annually in scholarships. Ms. Johnson currently serves as Parlimentarian for the Kansas City Missouri Chapter of Jack & Jill of America, Inc.
Awards & Recognitions
Ms. Johnson was recognized as Kansas City’s Top 40 under Forty in 2006 by Ingram’s, Kansas City’s Business Magazine. She is also a graduate of the Greater Kansas City Chamber of Commerce Centurions Leadership Program.
- Texas Southern University, J.D.
- Boston College, B.S.
- State of Missouri, 1995
- State of Kansas, 1996
- United States Court of Appeals
- Eighth Circuit
- Tenth Circuit
- United States District Court
- Western District of Missouri
- District of Kansas
- American Bar Association
- Member House of Delegates, Past
- Founding Member Pipeline Diversity Committee
- Past Vice President & Treasurer
- Board of Directors, Past
- Member of the Executive Committee, Past
- National Bar Association
- Past Regional Director
- Nominations Committee, past
- The Missouri Bar
- Pro Se Litigation Commission
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- SLIP Co-Chairperson, past
- Jackson County Bar Association
- Past President
- Jackson County Bar Foundation Board of Directors
- LEAP Foundation Board of Directors, past
- Secretary, Mazuma Credit Union Board of Directors
- General Chairperson of the Alpha Kappa•Alpha Sorority, Inc. 2008 Debutante Ball
- Parlimentarian, Kansas City Missouri Chapter of Jack & Jill of America, Inc.
Honors and Awards
- Kansas City’s Top 40 under Forty by Ingrams Magazine (2006)
- Greater Kansas City Chamber of Commerce Centurions Leadership Program
We are here to solve your business needs.
How can we address your company's legal needs?