Carla Fields Johnson
Carla Fields Johnson has 19 years of litigation experience in the areas of workers’ compensation and insurance defense. She is responsible for Fields & Brown’s workers’ compensation litigation for General Motors Corporation, the Missouri Department of Transportation and the Missouri Highway Commission. She has defended claims resulting from minor injuries to allegations of permanent total disability. She has handled matters both at the trial and appellate level.
Ms. Johnson currently serves on the Board of Directors for the National Association of Minority & Women Owned Law Firms (NAMWOLF). She is a member of the NAMWOLF Board’s Executive Committee and serves as Treasurer for the Association. She is also chairperson of the Finance Committee.
Ms. Johnson is a Missouri State Delegate on the American Bar Association’s House of Delegates. Action taken by the House of Delegates on specific issue becomes official ABA policy. Ms. Johnson is one of 12 attorneys in the state of Missouri currently on the House of Delegates. Additionally, Ms. Johnson was elected National Bar Association (NBA) Region VIII Director for two terms. She was also appointed by three NBA Presidents to serve on the NBA’s Nominations Committee.
On the local level, Ms. Johnson served as President of the Jackson County Bar Association for two years. Ms. Johnson served as the 2007 co-chairperson on the Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association’s SLIP program. The SLIP program places urban high school students with area law firms for paid internships. Ms. Johnson currently serves on the Jackson County Bar Foundation Board of Directors.
Carla Fields Johnson is a member of the Missouri and Kansas State Bar Associations and is admitted to practice before state and federal district courts and courts of appeals.
Ms. Johnson actively participates in the Kansas City community. She served as the General Chairperson of the Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated 2008 Debutante Ball, one of the largest events of its nature in Kansas City. Ms. Johnson currently serves as Treasurer for both the Kansas City Missouri Chapter of Jack & Jill of America, Inc. and the Johnson County Chapter of Mocha Moms, Inc.
Awards & Recognitions
Ms. Johnson was recognized as Kansas City’s Top 40 under Forty in 2006 by Ingram’s, Kansas City’s Business Magazine. She is also a graduate of the Greater Kansas City Chamber of Commerce Centurions Leadership Program.
- Texas Southern University, J.D.
- Boston College, B.S.
- State of Missouri, 1995
- State of Kansas, 1996
- United States Court of Appeals
- Eighth Circuit
- Tenth Circuit
- United States District Court
- Western District of Missouri
- District of Kansas
- American Bar Association
- Member House of Delegates
- Board of Directors
- Member of the Executive Committee
- Chairperon of the Finance Committee
- National Bar Association
- Past Regional Director
- Nominations Committee, past
- The Missouri Bar
- Pro Se Litigation Commission
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- SLIP Co-Chairperson, past
- Jackson County Bar Association
- Past President
- Jackson County Bar Foundation Board of Directors
- LEAP Foundation Board of Directors, past
- General Chairperson of the Alpha Kappa•Alpha Sorority, Inc. 2008 Debutante Ball
- Treasurer, Kansas City Missouri Chapter of Jack & Jill of America, Inc.
- Treasurer, Johnson County Chapter of Mocha Moms, Inc.
Honors and Awards
- Elected member of NAMWOLF Board of Directors
- Kansas City’s Top 40 under Forty by Ingrams Magazine (2006)
- Greater Kansas City Chamber of Commerce Centurions Leadership Program
We are here to solve your business needs.
How can we address your company's legal needs?